Lockdown due to COVID 19 has been one amazing experience for all of us, from being happy to sad, from feeling lonely to being cared about, this has been a unique effective encounter. As the days of normalcy are nearing, and we would be getting back to our regular lives soon, here are some ways of keeping positivity alive within us, in the last few days of isolation/lockdown.
- Be busy. Have a regular schedule. Help in doing some of the work at home.
- Distract yourself from negative emotions by listening to music, reading, watching an entertaining programme on television. If you had old hobbies like painting, gardening or stitching, go back to them. Rediscover your hobbies.
- Eat well and drink plenty of fluids.
- Be physically active. Do simple indoor exercises that will keep you fit and feeling fit.
- Sharing is caring. Understand if someone around you needs advice, food or other essentials. Be willing to share.
- Elderly people may feel confused, lost and need help. Offer them help by getting them what they need, their medicines, daily needs etc.
- If you have children at home, keep them busy by allowing them to help in the household chores – make them feel responsible and acquire new skills.