Noida, January 27, 2020: Sharda University, one of the leading Educational institutions based in Greater Noida, is focused on imbibing holistic learning and competitive abilities among students. After the astonishing success of Hackathon 2019, Sharda University’s School of Engineering and Technology organized the second edition of “Greater Noida’s Technovation Hackathon 2” in association with the Greater Noida Industrial Development Authority (GNIDA) to encourage young bright minds to innovate smartest projects. Aimed at offering a platform to the students to showcase their creativity, the event was a huge success as it garnered a vast crowd and won accolades from the industry experts. Shri Narendra Bhooshan, IAS, CEO, GNIDA extensively supported this eventand appreciated the overwhelming participation from entire country.
On the occasion of the 29th Foundation Day of GNIDA, the non-stop 24-hour campaign starting from Jan 25th, 2020 was launched to inspire young students to build innovative projects and solutions backed by technology which could create a strong impact within the society. Hackathon 2020 witnessed participation from premier institutions and universities across India. More than 200 teams comprisingof over 650 students who came together with an aim to ideate and create innovative solutions for some of the critical issues faced by the people living in the Greater Noida region. The themes included Smart Citizen & Governance, Smart Transportation, Smart Security, Smart Safety & Surveillance, Smart Waste Management & Smart Energy Systems. Shri P. K. Gupta, Chancellor, Sharda University, appreciated the effort made for extensive participation by huge number of students from entire nation and extended all future support for such nation building activities.
Shri Deep Chandra, ACEO, GNIDA was the Chief Guest of the Award Ceremony on 26th Jan 2020. He highlighted upcoming opportunities for the youth along with industry for various projects started by GNIDA. He confirmed the continued support of GNIDA for such innovative and society oriented technical solutions provided by the students. Shri. Y. K. Gupta, Pro-Chancellor, Sharda University appreciated the participants for their efforts and innovative projects developed during this 24-Hrs event. He announced that Sharda University is a Global platform for students to participate in Research, Innovation and Academic excellence. Prof. GRC Reddy, Vice-Chancellor, Sharda University, congratulated the participants for High Enthusiasm and Energy Level for the entire duration of the event. He emphasized the need of innovative solution and power of young minds to propel our country into the league of developed nations. Prof. Parma Nand, Dean, School of Engineering and Technology, Sharda University and Convener of Hackathon 2020thanked the participates for the huge Success of the event. He reiterated the university support through all the stages of innovation: Ideation to Prototype development to the launch of Entrepreneurial Ventures to the students.
- The projects were evaluated by an Eminent Jury of 30 members from distinct industries and a prize distribution ceremony was conducted on January 26th, 2020 at the Sharda University campus. A prize worth Rs 4 lakh, with a top prize of Rs 1 lakh, was awarded to the winners.
- The winners under the theme Smart Citizen and Governance were Tesla-Sharda University (Rs 30,000/-); Altruist- JSSATE, Noida (Rs 20,000/-) and Black T- KIET Group of Institutions (Rs 10,000/-).
- The winners under the theme Smart Security, Safety and Surveillance were Maven- Bennett University (Rs 30,000/-); Apostles- Manav Rachna University (Rs 20,000/-) and Equal 2.0- Bennett University (Rs 10,000/-).
- The winners under the theme Smart Transportation were Tech Army-KIET (Rs 30,000/-); Roadies- Galgotia CET, Greater Noida (Rs 20,000/-) and Bomb Squad- College of Computing Sciences & IT (Rs 10,000/-).
- The winners under the theme Smart Waste Management were MCR- GL Bajaj, Greater Noida (Rs 30,000/-); Ctr Alt Elite- ABES, Ghaziabad (Rs 20,000/-) and Waste Not Want Not- IMSUC, Ghaziabad (Rs 10,000/-).
- The winners under the theme Smart Energy System were ITS Cipher- ITS, Greater Noida (Rs 30,000/-), Scorpion- RKGIT, Ghaziabad (Rs 20,000/-) and Nexus- AKGEC, Ghaziabad (Rs 10,000/-).
- The grand winner of Hackathon 2020 was IEC College of Engineering & Technology, Greater Noida who created a project named IOT Based E-Waste solution was awarded with prize money of Rs 1,00,000/-.
- Prof. Parma Nand, Convener, Technovation Hackathon 2, congratulated all the winners and invited the participants for next year’s Hackathon.