MAT 2022: Registration, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern & Syllabus
MAT 2022 is a national level entrance test for management aspirants. MAT stands for Management Aptitude Test which is regulated by AIMA (All India Management Association). On the basis of MAT scores, students will get admission in MBA and allied programmes. More than 600 B-Schools in India consider MAT Score Card for providing admission in PG management courses. This exam will be conducted four times in a year, i.e. February, May, September and December. In this article, candidates can check complete details about the MAT 2022 examination.
MAT 2022 Exam Dates
The MAT exam will be conducted in four sessions in a year. In the table given below, candidates can check tentative MAT exam dates for February session:
For PBT Exam:
|Registration begin||First week of January 2022|
|Last date for registration||First week of March 2022|
|Admit card release||Second week of March 2022|
|Exam date||Second week of March 2022|
|Declaration of result||March/April 2022|
For CBT Exam:
|Application form released||First week of January 2022|
|Last date to apply||Third week of February 2022|
|Admit card release||Fourth week of February 2022|
|Exam date||Fourth week of February 2022|
|Declaration of result||March/April 2022|
MAT 2022 Registration
Candidates can check below some important instructions to fill the application:
- Candidates will be able to register for the MAT exam through online mode.
- MAT 2022 application form will be started from the first week of January 2022.
- Candidates must fill all the correct details in the application form.
- Scanned images of photographs (10 to 50KB) and signature (5 to 20KB) will be required to upload in the application.
- Last date to submit the application will be the third week of February 2022 for CBT exam and first week of March 2022 for PBT exam.
- No offline mode will be available to fill the application form.
- Candidates must keep the printout safe of application form & fee receipt for further use.
- Application fee payment will be done through online mode only.
- Students can make payment through debit card, credit card, Net banking, UPI and Paytm wallet.
The application fee for MAT exam is mentioned below:
|Exam Mode||Application Fee|
|For IBT, PBT and CBT (Single)||1650/-|
|For Double IBT, PBT + IBT, CBT + IBT and PBT + CBT||2750/-|
MAT Eligibility Criteria
Before filling the application, candidates must check the eligibility criteria given below:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates holding a graduation degree are eligible to apply for the MAT exam.
- Stream: Bachelor’s degree holders in any stream can apply for the exam.
- Age Limit: There will be no age limit prescribed to apply for MAT.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the final exams of graduation are also eligible to apply.
- Attempt Limit: There is no attempt limit in the MAT exam.
MAT Exam Pattern 2022
Here candidates can check the detailed MAT exam pattern:
- Exam Mode: The examination will be conducted through CBT (Computer Based Test), PBT (Paper Based Test) and IBT (Remote Proctored Internet Based Test).
- Type of Question: There will be 200 objective type questions asked in the exam.
- Duration: Total 150 minutes will be given to candidates to solve the question paper.
- Medium: The medium of examination will be English language only.
- Sections: Question will be asked from Language Comprehension, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Mathematical Skills, Indian & Global Environment.
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, one mark will be provided.
- Negative Marking: For each wrong answer, 0.25 mark will be deducted.
Section wise exam pattern of MAT 2022 is given below:
|Section No.||Section Name||No. of Questions||Time (Minutes)|
|II||Intelligence & Critical Reasoning||40||30|
|IV||Data Analysis & Sufficiency||40||35|
|V||Indian & Global Environment||40||15|
MAT Syllabus 2022
The syllabus of MAT examination will consist of five sections, i.e. Language Comprehension, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Mathematical Skills and Indian and Global Environment. Syllabus for Mathematical Skills will be prepared of 10thstandard under CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education).
Students will be able to check the syllabus through online mode. Candidates must prepare for the exam as per the officially prescribed MAT syllabus.