The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) was set up in 1963 by the Government of India as an autonomous organization to help professionalise the country’s foreign trade management and increase exports by developing human resources, analysing and disseminating data and conducting research
The Institute’s portfolio of long-term programmes is diverse, catering to the requirements of aspiring International Business executives and mid-career professionals alike. These are
- Two-year MBA (International Business), New Delhi, Kolkata, and Dar-es-Salaam
- Three-year MBA (International Business) (Part-Time), New Delhi and Kolkata
- Executive Masters in International Business, New Delhi
- Certificate Programme in Export Management, New Delhi
MBA in International Business
- Recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years’ duration in any discipline.
- Candidates appearing for a qualifying examination can also apply subject to submission of proof of requisite qualification by beginning of October of the year of start of the course.
- No age limit.
Mode of Admission
For General/SC/ST/PH/OBC candidates:
- On the basis of Written test, Essay write-up, Group Discussion and Interview.
- The Written Test is organised at Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Dehradun, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur and Visakhapatnam.
- Based on marks obtained in the written test, candidates are called for Group Discussion and Interview to be held between fourth week of January and middle of February at Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai.
For Foreign National/NRI/Children of NRI:
- On the basis of General Management Aptitude Test (GMAT)
- For MBA 2018-20, GMAT result should not have been declared before 1 January, 2016 and should be received by the Institute latest by 31 March 2018. Last date to submit the application fee is 15th February 2018.
Campus and Infrastructure
One of the largest of its kind in the developing world, with a holding of around 84,000 volumes and subscriptions to 800 journals with complete online cataloguing, the IIFT Library is a veritable storehouse of information. Besides being an invaluable place of reference for industry, research scholars and students alike, the Library has an unique collection of publications of FAO, IMF, OECD, UNCTAD, UNCTC, World Bank, and other international agencies.
With over 60 students staying at our newly developed hostel at C9, the atmosphere of learning and having fun while staying at IIFT is unmatched. There is a separate mess facility at C9, and seating space for all students.
IIFTs Computer Centre has implemented latest state of the art IT infrastructure. IIFT uses IT to provide a competitive advantage in its core areas of education and research. The Computer Centre aims at providing 99 per cent uptime including ensuring server uptime, data recovery and backup, facilitating storage management, hardware, network operations, streamlining operations and simplifying end-user support. All IT infrastructure in the campus is provided power through centralized UPS. Failover has been taken care at all possible level.