XIMB is the flagship school of Xavier University. Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB) owes its origin to a “social contract” between the Government of Odisha and the Odisha Jesuit Society in 1987. It is acknowledged internationally as a world-class business school, which provides quality management education and develops future-ready managers with strong ethics and values.
Xavier University is promoted by XIMB and it has grown from the three decades of distinguished service by XIMB.
- Registered under UGC
- Member of Association of Indian Universities A.I.U.
- Member of Jesuit Higher Education Association of South Asia JHEASA
- Member of the Global Jesuit Higher Education Network
- Member of International Association of Jesuit Business School IAJBS
- CRISIL GRADING NATIONAL A***
- Accredited by NBA (applied for renewal)
- Accredited by SAQS (applied for renewal)
- MBA- Business Management
- MBA – Business Management
Admissions: MBA- Business Management
The minimum requirement for admission to the Program is a three-year Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in any discipline with at least 55% marks in aggregate from a recognised university. Candidates who expect to complete the final part of their degree examinations by June 15, 2018, can also apply. Offers of admission to such candidates, if made, will be provisional and will be automatically cancelled in the event of their failing to complete all the requirements for obtaining the degree before June 15, 2018.
Applicants are required to take any one of the Admission Tests:
- a) XAT to be conducted by XLRI, Jamshedpur, on 7 January 2018, or
- b) CAT to be conducted by IIMs on 26 November 2017, or
- c) GMATtaken in 2016 or 2017 (minimum score for applying 550) or
- d) X-GMT to be conducted by Xavier University Bhubaneswar on 28 January 2018. Applicants opting for XAT/CAT have to follow XAT/CAT advertisements respectively and apply in time. Registering for XAT/CAT/GMAT is a prerequisite for applying to XIMB, if not opting for X-GMT.
Applicants also have to fill up the online application form separately for XIMB programme at: www.xub.edu.in Upon successfully filling the online application form and paying the relevant application fee, the applicant will be intimated by email about the acceptance of the form.
The last date to fill-up the online application form is 8 December 2017.
It may be noted that besides registering for XAT/CAT/GMAT, one has to apply (online) separately to XIM, Bhubaneswar.
The Institute will decide the section-wise as well as total cut-off marks which will be used for short-listing the candidates to be called for Writing Ability Test, and Personal Interview. WAT, & PI will be held in Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai. Candidates will have to meet their own travel expenses for appearing in the Interview session. The final selection will be made on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the XAT/CAT/GMAT/X-GMT as well as in the Writing Ability Test, and Personal Interview (which factors in the past academic record and relevant work experience). The selected candidates will be informed by mail in the month of April 2018.
The program will begin by the middle of June 2018 for the first year students. At this time the students will be given a Manual of Policies and Regulations which will be binding on them. Executive
Admissions: MBA- Global
The minimum requirement for admission to the Program is a three-year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in any discipline with at least 55% marks in aggregate from a recognised university. Candidates who expect to complete the final part of their degree examinations by June 15, 2018, can also apply. Offers of admission to such candidates, if made, will be provisional and will be automatically cancelled in the event of their failing to complete all the requirements for obtaining the degree before June 15, 2018. The additional eligibility criteria of the partner institutions, if any, may be referred to the following table.