Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur popularly known as SIT established in the year 1963, is one among 125 institutions run by Sree Siddaganga Education Society, headed by His Holiness Dr. Sree Sree Sivakumara Swamiji, a centenarian.
SIT campus is spread over 50 acres and the whole area is landscaped and is lush green. Tumkur enjoys the same salubrious climate as that of Bangalore.
The institute is now offering 12 UG programmes with a total annual intake of 950 and 16 PG Programmes with a total annual intake of 432.
16 departments of the institute are recognised as research centres by UTU, Belgaum, where students can register for Ph.D programme and M.Sc. The institute has over 2200 computers and are located in 29 Computer Centres which are all networked with fibre optic backbone.
Round the clock internet facility is provided to all the Computer Laboratories, Faculty Chambers, Hostels, Class Rooms, through 100 Mbps leased line.
The total number of students in the campus is over 5000 and more than 50% of the students stay in seven of our hostels.
The institute has 330 well qualified and experienced faculty members out of which 103 are Ph.D holders and others Masters Degree holders. 76 more faculty members are pursuing their Ph.D programme in IISc, IITs and other reputed universities.
The institute is a beneficiary of the World Bank assisted Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme Phase-I and Phase-II.
- Architecture Engineering
- Center of ART
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Information Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Telecommunication Engineering
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Computer Applications
- Department of Library
- Training and Placement
- Through CET Karnataka Selection Process (45% of the total seats)
- Through COMED-K (30% of the total seats)
- Through Management Quota (25% of the total seats)
The Tution Fee structure for each of the above channels would be as per the government announcement made from time to time.
Name of the Principal: Dr. Shivakumaraiah
Contact Siddaganga Institute of Technology: